Come spend a breath-focused day with Andrew Byrne and The Singing Athlete
We're living through an anxious period of time right now. Our brains are designed to mirror what we see around us, so watching others move in a tight way can cause us to develop faulty respiration habits. Luckily, breathing is one thing you can practice anytime, anywhere, and knowing how to do it right is invaluable.
I've developed a one-day intensive to give you cutting-edge information on how your breath intersects with your nervous system, your gut and your energy levels. You will leave with new, concrete tools to maintain excellent breath patterns in the most stressful situations.
Speaking of stress, I'm presenting this course the weekend before the midterm elections, because I for one will need some breath reminders around then. I'm also donating $20 of your course tuition to SwingLeft.
What Will I Learn?
- Get a clear assessment of your current breathing habits.
- Use simple tests to determine which breathing muscles need strengthening.
- Test the three functions of your diaphragm.
- Develop a complete map of how to use every inhalation and exhalation muscle.
- Learn which breathing techniques promote instant calming of the nervous system under stress.
- Add new respiration drills to improve the effectiveness of any workout.
Date: Saturday, November 3rd, 2018
Location: Ripley-Grier on 55th and 8th (939 8th Ave.), Studio 2B
Cost: $150 (I will donate $20 of your tuition to Swing Left, an organization that is working to help Democrats take back the House.)
I will be assisted by Z-Health Master Trainer Theresia Daniel.
*While most of the classes I offer are meant for performers, this is one offering that anyone who is interested in breathing can attend, so y'all come.