Come spend a breath-focused day with Andrew Byrne and The Singing Athlete
We live in an anxious city, at an anxious time. Our brains are designed to mirror what we see around us, so watching others move in a tight way can cause us to develop faulty respiration habits. Luckily, breathing is one thing you can practice anytime, anywhere, and knowing how to do it right is invaluable.
I've developed a one-day intensive to give you cutting-edge information on how your breath intersects with your nervous system, your gut and your energy levels. You will leave with new, concrete tools to maintain excellent breath patterns in the most stressful situations.
What Will I Learn?
- Get a clear assessment of your current breathing habits.
- Use simple tests to determine which breathing muscles need strengthening.
- Test the three functions of your diaphragm.
- Develop a complete map of how to use every inhalation and exhalation muscle.
- Learn which breathing techniques promote instant calming of the nervous system under stress.
- Add new respiration drills to improve the effectiveness of any workout.
Date: Saturday, February 2nd, 2019
Location: Jen Waldman Studio, 344 W. 38th Street Suite 204