Here are two coordination charts that you can use to calm your mind, improve your timing and get yourself ready for any high-performance situation. Here are the instructions:
- Download and print the charts. Put chart 1 up on the wall at eye level
- Stand a comfortable distance away from it
- Set a 1 minute timer on your phone
- Start at the top left corner of the chart. Every time you see a star to the left of the line, tap your left thigh with your palm. Every time you see a star to the right of the line, tap your right thigh with your palm. If the star is touching the line, clap your hands
- See how quickly and accurately you can progress through the chart. If you make a mistake, go back and correct it.
- When you get to the bottom right corner, say “Done” and start over from the top left.
- See how many taps/claps you can get through in one minute. Average score is 80-120 in 60 seconds.
- Repeat with Chart 2
Try doing this right before singing a difficult passage, or even try it while singing.